Today I will be completing the 2017 End of Year Book survey, which was created by The Perpetual Page Turner. I love filling in these surveys as I enjoy looking back and reflecting on what I read and didn’t read (oops) and also comparing it to what my friends read.
Number of books you read: 115 (as of December 23rd)
Number of re-reads: 4 (Not bad but funnily enough I didn’t re-read anything I wanted to.)
Genre you read the most from: YA Romance
1. Best Book You Read In 2017?
I’m going to cheat a bit here and say the Harry Potter series (ha) and Since You’ve Been Gone:
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I had heard so many rave reviews about this but I really didn’t like the topic of cheating and how infuriating the main character was – I seriously don’t get how this is rated so highly?
3. Most surprising (in a good way
or bad way) book you read?
I was expecting to enjoy these two contemporaries but thought they would be easy-reading beach reads – hell was I wrong. This Song Will Save Your Life was so beautiful and having previously read Smith before I wasn’t expecting massive things from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight but damn this hit me in the feels and the character was so relatable and similar to me and my life it was scary! Both of them swiftly became favourite reads.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Anything by Morgan Matson though specifically, I pushed people to read Since You’ve Been Gone and Amy & Rogers Epic Detour. I also gifted so many people ACOTAR and finally got my mum and sister to read The Book Thief.
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
Sequel (umm how can I not include Harry Potter? For me all of them are worthy but my favourite so far was The Prisoner of Azkaban):
6. Favorite new author, you discovered in 2017?
100% Morgan Matson! I found I could just relate to her characters and her writing so much! (P.s. I’ve already seen the Harry Potter movies so I felt I’d kinda already been introduced to Rowling’s world).
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I’m rarely if ever in the mood to read middle grade novels but these were such beauiful novels!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
For me it was Trial by Fire purely because I read it all in one night and stayed up till 7am to finish it, ha!
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
Such an important and moving novel that I believe everyone should really read.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
Shortest (4 pages):
(Isn’t a picture for it but;)
Kate & Sam – The First Encounter (This Man #1.5)
Longest (734 pages):
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Will and Tessa 100%
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The friendship between Harry. Hermione and Ron’s friendship is so lovely.
20. Favourite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Definitely Morgan Matson. I’ve seen so many booktubers and people on my GR’s recommending her to me I thought it was time I finally gave her a go and I was so happy to find out she wasn’t overhyped!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
I didn’t read any 2017 debuts this year as this year I was trying to catch up on all my backlogged books and series!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
Honestly, it’s a little embarrassing how many books made me cry this year…
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (
doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
This was honestly just a real disappointment.
1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2017?
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2017?
Probably my reviews of the HP series.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I met my goodreads goal, my flights of fantasy challenge and love your shelf challenge so super happy!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number One Priority in 2018?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
Read more books published more recently (2018)!