Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. It’s designed to hold you more accountable to the books you’ve added to your TBR and hopefully cut down on your reading lists. If you have any opinions on the books I mention, don’t hesitate to comment letting me know your opinions and whether I’m right or wrong to keep or cut it.
How it works?
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added. (I’m going to do random order)
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
- The Body Finder #1 by Kimberly Derting – This is currently on my library list and still sounds interesting enough – Verdict: Keep
- Heaven Looks A Lot Like Mall by Wendy Mass – I don’t remember ever adding this to my TBR, and doesn’t sound like a subject I’d be interest in anymore – Verdict: Pass
- Just The Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James – Another book I can’t remember adding to my TBR and now no longer interested in – Verdict: Pass
- The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar – Added this back in 2015 when I had a moment of adding every single book that existed in my Goodreads daily email and with that said I am no longer interested in it – Verdict: Pass
- The Winner’s Curse #1 by Marie Rutkoski – I still can’t believe I haven’t read this series!! I will be getting to this as soon as possible – Verdict: Keep
- The Truth About Faking by Leigh Talbert Moore – See reason from no.4 – Verdict: Pass
- Uprising by Dawn Jayne – Same reason as above – Verdict: Pass
- Every Which Way by Calia Read – I’ve seen people say this features cheating, which is a trope I really hate to read about so I’ll be passing on it – Verdict: Pass
- Feminism Is For Everybody: Passionate Politics by Bell Hooks – This is recommended by so many people as a staple piece of literature for feminism, so I’m really excited to read this at some point – Verdict: Keep
- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne – I have seen the film to this and I’m not a massive fan of historical fiction, and I don’t think anything will beat my love for The Book Thief so I’m going to take this off my TBR for now, and if I feel I want to read it later I may re-add it – Verdict: Pass
So, overall I removed 7/10 books which I’m really proud of and that’s got my TBR down to a still staggering 1930 books.