Down the TBR Hole was created by Lost in a Story. It’s designed to hold you more accountable to the books you’ve added to your TBR and hopefully cut down on your reading lists. If you have any opinions on the books I mention, don’t hesitate to comment letting me know your opinions and whether I’m right or wrong to keep or cut it.
How it works?
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added. (I’m going to do random order)
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
- Give The Dark My Love by Beth Revis – I really enjoyed Beth’s first series, and a lot of people have rated this highly enough for me to warrant keeping it on my TBR – Verdict: Keep
- The Ghost of You by Amanda Burckhard – This doesn’t sound like something I’d be interested anymore and there’s no reviews, so nothing to sway me into wanting to read it either – Verdict: Pass
- Stray by Elissa Sussman – I actually own this book and this still interests me enough to plan on reading it, especially because the cover is stunning – Verdict: Keep
- For You by Kristen Ashley – This has an awful cover and I already planning on reading another of Ashley’s series first to see if I enjoy her writing style, so until then I’m going to remove this – Verdict: Pass
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner – Received this book for Christmas so will definitely be keeping this, also the reviews of this are so high I’m super hyped for when I do get round to this book – Verdict: Keep
- Walk With Me by Kaitlyn Stone – A book I added in 2014 that I no longer have any interest in – Verdict: Pass
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning – I’m a massive fan of the Little Mermaid – so much so it’s my favourite Disney princess film, and for that reason I’m trash for anything little mermaid inspired – Verdict: Keep
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – I previously read her standalone Daughter of the Burning City, and enjoyed it, and already own Ace of Shades so I will be keeping this – Verdict: Keep
- Bone Music by Christopher Rice – I’m going to be honest this cover already made me decide this was a pass, but also I’m not a massive fan of thrillers and usually only read a minimal amount a year and this one just doesn’t sound exciting enough for me to warrant keeping it – Verdict: Pass
- So Close To You by Rachel Carter – Another book I added way back in 2014, also the premise of time travel isn’t really something I always love unless it’s done tremendously well, and the rest of the blurb doesn’t make me think I would enjoy this – Verdict: Pass
So, overall I removed 5/10 books which I’m really proud of as that’s half! Not too bad right? Right? And that’s got my TBR down to a still staggering 1920 books…