T10T: Books That Give Me All The Summer Feels
Long time no see… so you may have noticed I’m back! I ended up taking an unintentionally long break from blogging, but I’ve still been active on my bookstagram, which you can check out here.
So today I thought I’d kick off with one of my favourite things to do… Top Ten Tuesdays!
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – This book is so so special to me and even though it is a contemporary set over summer, I also read it in summer and hit me with all the feels and I want you to be hit by them too! *mwuahahah*
- Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman – Although this is a thriller, which I wouldn’t say usually screams ‘summer’, a considerable proportion of this book is set in Bora Bora and that just screams summer and showss to me how badly I need a holiday once Miss Rona hash.
- Heartstopper (Volume Three) by Alice Oseman – I love this whole series and it’s just so so fluffy, happy and diverse – but this volume focuses on a summer school trip to Paris and #goals.
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson – Beautiful lyrical writing focusing on art, dreams and sibling relationships – and I read this last year on holiday where it swiftly became an all time favourite, so this book now permanently reminds me of summer.
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch – A book set in Italy during the summer featuring romance and lots of lots of gelato – if this doesn’t scream summer I don’t know what does?
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick – A summer contemporary with slow burn friends to lovers romance and a massive emphasis on family friendships.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – This took the book world by storm a few years back now and I loved this when I read it. It’s best going into this book not knowing anything but
- On The Fence by Kasie West – After listing a few books I’ve read I thought I’d feature some I haven’t read – yet. This sounds like a such a summery read and I’ve been meaning to try Kasie West for so long –
- Girl Out Of Water by Laura Silverman – A moving contemporary set in sunny California focusing on surfing and containing disability rep.
- Say Yes Summer by Lindsey Roth Culli – An upcoming release that I’m looking forward to, that has been described as for fans of Morgan Matson and Rom Coms – so sign me up!
It’s been really fun to see what books give me summer vibes. What books scream summer to you?