Hiya guys, I thought I’d try and reawaken this blog via kicking off The Top Ten Tuesday created by The Broke and the Bookish. With the new year looming ahead they’ve set the annual topic: What books are you looking forward to in 2018? These can range from new releases to debuts that you’re looking forward to. I really enjoy looking at upcoming releases and figuring out which ones I will be grabbing my hands on. So, here are the books I’ll be eagerly anticipating next year (titles of books link to goodreads):
1. Sea of Strangers by Lang Leav Expected publication: January 9th 2018
I have read all of Leav’s poetry works and adored them, so I cannot wait to grab my hands on her next installment. Also the covers of all her books are so beautiful!
2. Save The Date by Morgan Matson Expected publication: June 5th 2018
2017 was the year of Matson for me, I ended up reading 3 out of 4 of her published works and fell in love with all of them! She has swiftly become one of my favourite authors, meaning I will now purchase anything she publishes!
3. Everless (Untitled #1) by Sara Holland Expected publication: January 2nd 2018
I haven’t read a really good, pgae-gripping fantasy in so long and this sounds like it has the potential to be just that. It follows Jules who has to return back to Everless to pay for more time (time is like currency – paid by blood [Yup I know! So cool!]) But returning to Everless seems to be more dangerous than Jules was prepared for. So many people I follow who receieved ARC’s of this have loved it which has made me even more excited!
4. To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo Expected publication: March 6th 2018
First of all this cover – wow. Second of all, a retelling of the little mermaid – hell yeah I am here for this! The Little Mermaid is my favourite fairytale so I’m so, so down for this. Also another book that has already receieved a tonne of positive reviews.
5. Still Me (Me Before You #3) by Jojo Moyes Expected publication: January 30th 2018
I know these books are very hit or miss for most people, but on the whole I really enjoyed both Me Before You and After You. Although, I must admit I was surprised to find I actually liked After You as I wasn’t sure what the story was going to be about following how Me Before You ended. So I can’t wait to read this and carry on following Clarks journey.
6. A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR #3.5) by Sarah J. Maas Expected publication: May 1st 2018
I absolutely adore this series and will read anything with Rhysand in.
7. The Cruel Prince (The Folk of Air #1) by Holly Black Expected publication: January 2nd 2018
I really enjoyed Black’s fae standalone novel so looking forward to giving this a try.
8. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert Expected publication: January 30th 2018
Involves Alice’s mother going missing and being abducted into the hazel wood which Alice must go rescue her from, that seems to be a copy of the evil, twisted stories her grandmother used to write. (Reminiscent of the Spiderwick chronicles… kinda)
9. Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orisha #1) by Tomi Adeyemi Expected publication: March 6th 2018
This involves magic and fighting, princes and princesses and sounds super, super cool!
10. Sky In The Deep by Adrienne Young Expected publication: April 24th 2018
All I’ve heard about this book is it’s brutal, involves YA vikings and family – with vikings being something I haven’t read a lot about so gimmie!
Honourable mentions: Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella, Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare, Untitled (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas, Meet Cute: Some People are Destined to Meet by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Killing Ritual by Helena Hunting and The Chase (Briar Hockey #1) by Elle Kennedy
Thanks for reading,